The Hamden Board of Education (through Hamden Adult Education), and Gateway Community College have developed a joint program to bring college level courses to the residents of Hamden. Classes will begin the week of January 23, 2017. Placement examinations in reading, mathematics and written English are required prior to registration. Mathematics and English credits from an accredited institution of higher education will be reviewed to determine if a waiver from the tests should be granted.
Courses are held at Hamden High School from 6:45 - 9:45 pm.
- SPA 102: Elementary Spanish II (CRN# 1355) Mondays, Room A206
- SPA 101: Elementary Spanish I (CRN# 1150) Tuesdays, Room A206
Tuition & Fees
Tuition: $453 per 3-credit class (includes service and student fees)
For further information regarding fees, call the Gateway Community College’s Admissions Office at 203.285.2080.
Once admitted, and before you can register, new students must take the academic placement test in English and Math. This assures placement in the appropriate classes.
Call 203.285.2080 to register, or visit the college website at www.gwcc.comment.edu.
New students must apply to the college before registering for classes. If you're planning to take classes for college credit you will need the following:
- A complete application form or apply online
- A copy of your high school transcript, diploma or GED certificate*
- Proof of immunization for measles, rubella and caricella (chicken pox)
- $20 application fee**
* If you are not pursuing a degree you will only need to submit an application and the application fee.
** Fee waived if you attended another CT Community College or if you attended Gateway Community College in the past.
Continuing students may register online at my.comment.edu. You will need your student identification number to register online. Simply use your birth date as your PIN number and follow the prompts on the screen.
The College reserves the right to cancel those courses for which there is insufficient enrollment.